1. Strays- So around our house we have a problem with stray cats. Our neighbor feeds them then captures them and takes them to get them fixed and releases them. I think it is great that she is doing it, I really don't have an issue with her. But as stray cats go, they have babies.
My dogs have been barking SO much for WEEKS! It has made me really mad, but I think I figured out why. I found two little kitties under my house. I know the mom must have been taking care of them for a while because they survived this long, but when I found them they were just skinny tiny kittens. So of course I took them to the animal shelter. They gave me a HUGE guilt trip, and told me they were a high volume kill shelter, and chances are they would kill the cats. Soooo... well... guilt trips work on me. I took them home. The kids got attached to them and they each had their favorites.
Then Dan gets home. I thought he was going to be LIVID!!! I think he got really likes them though. he said we can only keep them if he chose the names. So he named them Franco and Eman... by the way they are female kittens. The kittens have been using the litter box, and they are really sweet. The two of them are inseparable. They are always together, sleeping a cuddling. Don't they look like a heart in the picture?
2. Raleigh trip- So Friday night Dan has to go to Raleigh to pick up a Marine from jail. We decide to go as a family because the kids really like car rides and there is plenty of room in the SUV. We drive 2 1/2 hours to the jail. The guy wasn't there... and we drove 2 1/2 hours home... very frustrating waste of a Friday night.
3. Prom hair- On Saturday I got to do hair for a girl for prom. When I first met her she had really dark dyed brown hair. Over the last few months we have colored and cut her hair. Finally I got to style her for prom! This is the reason I do hair :) She said this is the most beautiful she has ever felt in her life!
4. Beach- So after I did the prom hair on Saturday we went to the beach as a family. I got to meet some of Dan's friends and their wives. I thought they were all incredibly nice. The kids had a BLAST! They just loved all the attention they got from the guys. Even though Dan and I were fighting, it was really good to take a break from that and have some fun.
5. Monsters vs. Aliens- On Sunday, we went to the base theaters and saw Monsters vs. Aliens. We went to the movie pretty much just for Tommy, but it was a really cute movie. I could not believe how reasonable the prices were. Tickets for us all to get in was $5, not per person... that was the TOTAL price. We also got popcorn and drinks. So for 2 bags of popcorn and 4 drinks the total was $11.
The last time we went to the theaters as a family we spent almost $50! So at the base we were able to watch a move AND buy a TON more snacks than I would normally buy for $16 total... AMAZING!!
That was my weekend... nice and busy :)