The last 3 1/2 months
1. Thanksgiving- After completely ruining the 2008 turkey I tried again, and I made the most awesome turkey EVER! We injected it with flavor and wrapped it in bacon. It took forever to cook but it was amazing. Thanksgiving is my favorite time to be around a lot of family, but this year I spent it with Dan and the kids. We also took thanksgiving dinner to some of the Marines on duty.
2. CHRISTMAS- We had a GREAT Christmas! We drove to Utah and got to see a lot of Aunts and Uncles, cousins and grandparents. We missed the Hoffmasters, but we did not miss the horrible-ness of Indiana during winter :) The cousins went sledding, and we opened presents almost every day we were there. It was really awesome, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
3. CNN interview- I got interviewed by CNN... Even though I was embarrassed about crying it was a really cool experience and I am glad I did it.
4. New Years Eve- Dan and I were planning to go to his CO's house for a New Years party. I was a little worried because my period was late so I took a test to see if I was going to be drinking that night... Needless to say the test said I was destined to be the designated driver of the evening.
On our way to the party a car pulled in front of me, and I hit her going about 45 mph. She was belligerently drunk. Our car was towed away, but gratefully someone came from the party and came and picked up us and the kids. We were planning to go home, but they suggested we go to the party anyways. So we did, and we had a blast.
5. DEPLOYMENT- A few days after the New Year, Dan left for Afghanistan. He has now been gone a month and it has been incredibly challenging. I feel really lucky whenever I hear from him. The hardest part for me is to see how it is affecting the kids. I think it is the hardest on Tommy. When ever he is too happy, he will all the sudden get really sad and say "I wish daddy could be here". Sometimes he bottles everything up and just explodes and gets mad at me. Georgia has been acting out and challenging me. She doesn't really express her feelings but she REALLY has been testing her limits. I didn't think Katherine would notice at all, but I think she actually did regress a little. She is fine now, but...
6. Number 4- So as I alluded to earlier, I am pregnant... with number 4. We knew after Katherine was born that our family was not complete with 3 kids. We were thinking we would adopt a child a few years down the road. Well... Our plans changed when I got a positive pregnancy test. I have had a really hard time telling people, I can hardly wrap my mind around being 25 and having 4 children. I hate when I go to the store now with 3 kids and people make comments. Pretty soon I will be hugely pregnant walking through the store with 3 kids and people will just think I am bat-shit crazy.
I am really ok with having another kid in the family. Dealing with all the pregnancy stuff with Dan being gone is really a challenge. I have had some morning sickness, but the real evil has been the fatigue. I could sleep 16 hours a day or more. But my kids don't, I have to be up, I have to do some laundry. I can wear dirty sweats 6 days a week, but I have to have clean clothes for the kids.
7. COLLEGE- I truly think it is college that gets me pregnant. I have enrolled in college 4 times, coincidence that I have 4 kids??? I don't think so. So I am in college now. It is free as long as I stay full time. It is online, and I have about a year and a half until I graduate... The school I go to is really flexible with family schedules. This time I am determined to finish!
Well that's the last 3 1/2 months of my life... Hopefully I will get another post in before another 3 months goes by... Maybe some pictures too!