Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tacky Sweater Party

Last night I went to an awesome party hosted by these two lovely people

They have an incredibly beautiful baby girl that is just a month youger than little Stevie

I totally stole that picture from someones facebook page (thanks Lisa)
because I took none of my own .

Everyone wore their tackiest christmas sweaters, except Dan and I.
We wore tacky Marine corps moto gear sweaters instead.

The party was really great, and I loved all of the people there. It was also kind of weird for me. Though I was the same age, or younger than a lot of the people there we are in totally different life stages. Many of the conversations with the girls circled around finding jobs, working, traveling, getting married and wanting babies.

I was a little jealous at times. I could not even contribute to many of the conversations.
I feel like I have fast fowarded through, and skipped many experiences.
Now, I am a stay at home mom, I have 4 kids, and no desire for anymore.
I am still a college student, but getting a job in the near future is not very realistic.
These are some things I realized last night:
-These girls are some of the friendliest, most amazing, and accepting
people I have ever met in my life.

- I think any stage of your life can be good,
but I think you have to make up your mind to enjoy it.
-There are a LOT of times that I am envious of other people that have a carefree life,
But I think everyonce in a while they might be a little envious of me.
Now for the really cheesy part:
-I realized that I am really happy
I spend my days surrounded by joy and laughter of my kids
(sometimes screaming and crying too)
I am SO lucky to have found and married my soul mate
(who loves me for everything I am)
My life is nothing like what I expected it to be at 26
(I think it is probably much much better)

No comments:

Post a Comment